As an Hosting Company, Utiware, is protected against copyright infringement complaints against our clients. To maintain this protection under the law, Utiware is obligated to perform certain duties and respond to copyright infringement complaints under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Please understand that each and every website that we host has an individual owner and that each owner is responsible for the content appearing on their account. It is the individual owner’s responsibility and obligation to record and maintain any and all records required by law.
When submitting a complaint to us under the DMCA, the DMCA laws require that you submit your request in a specific manner before it is to be considered to be “filed correctly”. Please be sure that you follow the steps below as required by the DMCA [Section 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3)(A)].
When reporting potential copyright infringement complaints, your report MUST include:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Identify the copyrighted work or works that is claimed to have been infringed.
- Identify the material (websites urls, filenames, paths, etc) that is claimed to be infringing that should be removed or access is to be disabled to and any information that is reasonably sufficient to enable Utiware to located said material (Such as, but not limited to: website urls, usernames/passwords to access protected content, etc).
- Your contact information or information reasonably sufficient to allow Utiware to contact the complaining party.
- A statement that the complaining party has: “a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- A statement that the information in the notice is: “believed to be accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner”.
Submit all copyright infringement complaints to:
Interim Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement
Utiware Software Ltd
P. O. Box 75625
Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Nigeria Hotlines: +234(0)805 855 6668, +234(0)803 585 3541
After we receive your DMCA Complaint we will:
- Review your complaint to ensure that you have fully followed the DMCA complaint guidelines and fulfilled your requirements under the DMCA.
- Verify the complained materials (website, data, images, ect) are in-fact hosted on our network.
- We will forward your complaint to our customer (the websites owner) within 48-hours of receiving your request.
- We will allow 48-hours for our customers to reply, after we deliver the complaint to them.
- If the 48-hours has passed, and no satisfactory response has been received by our clients, we will take action ourselves.
- Within 96-hours of us receiving your complaint we will provide you (the authorized agent of the copyright owner; or copyright owner) verification of receipt of your DMCA claim, the response of the websites owner in reply to your claim, and the action we have taken (if any) against the claimed material.